For a couple of weeks I have been toying with the idea of returning the bedding I got for Livvi and buying fabric to make my own... Ah! Such a scary idea, but I have read a lot of tutorials about it and I actually think that with my momma's help I can do it! Yesterday I took the bedding back and searched for the perfect fabric, it was quite the search but I finally found something I really like! Amazingly I saved about $50 doing it this way and got really high quality fabric... wish me luck! :)
I decided to stick with some animal print but wanted bolder colors and a more modern pattern :)
...and while I am at it... Here is the 27 week photo!
Only 1 more trimester to go!
That fabric is DARLING! I love it. A little advice...try to sew your blanket a little bigger than the normal, standard size that the bedding blanket comes in. I found that the blanket you would buy is normally so small it doesn't cover the sides of the crib mattress, so when you walk into the room all you see is a bumper and the sides of the mattress sheet. I liked the blanket to tuck in around the sides of the mattress so you see a cute blanket instead of the sheet. Does this make sense? I hope so. Good luck! Your fabric is darling! You are a cute pregnant girl too :) I am so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteIm so embarrased and out of the loop!! Congrats on the pregnancy! I had no idea! I guess i need to look at your blog more! Im so excited for you! you will be the best mommy ever :)
ReplyDelete