Monday, July 4, 2011

A Whole New Meaning...

In all honestly, the fourth of July has never been a big deal at my house... growing up it was the day we ran around with sparklers, threw pop its at each other and watched the city fireworks at grandmas house.... but that was it. We never really talked about the true meaning of the holiday and heros of our country. I guess it must be because we haven't ever had any family in the military and it didn't seem like a big deal. BUT, this day has more meaning than ever.... My amazing husband is deployed for our country and in the past few years I have learned a great deal about the military and how it works. 
 I look back and feel guilty for never seeing and recognizing the importance of this day before. I looked out my window this morning and saw the American Flag lining the street on our and many other neighbors lawns, I saw the big yellow ribbon tied around our tree, I saw Jeff's dog tags hanging from my mirror and... I saw my husband (not literally there)  but I saw his face in everything. HE is the meaning in MY celebration of this day. I couldn't help but cry and think about what an amazing person he is, not only because he is my AMERICAN HERO, but because of the man he is. He represents everything that is important to me. My best friend, my husband, my rock, my sounding block, my lover, my parenting partner, my eternal companion, my everything, MY HERO! I could not ask for a better person to call "mine" for eternity.
So to my husband, thankyou for EVERYTHING you do, everything you do for our country and especially for everything you do for Livvi and I. We are the luckiest girls in the world, seriously! I love you more than words can describe!


The day WILL come when I can take this down and be with my hero again, I KNOW this too shall pass...

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post! I'm finally catching up on your blog and I'm so glad I did! I totally 2nd everything bout this post..I never realized the importance of our country until Jake served and it totally brings a whole new meaning.... Even though jakes out of the army I still get butterflies and cry when I see a flag or see soldiers on the news or sing the anthem....so grateful..hope your doin good with that new babe...she is precious!

    ReplyDelete