Thursday, June 16, 2011

Major Project #1

So I decided that since I would be living back with my parents while Jeff is gone that I needed a major "project" to work on to stay busy.... well the use of this project is two-fold. I needed something to do and I also needed a place to put the baby's clothes and some of our stuff. 

This ugly thing was a FREE entertainment center before I began. I didn't get a picture before we tore it apart, but it had glass doors in the middle and ugly arches on the sides that my wonderful hubby and grandpa cut off. This was the beginning of priming...

then, I painted it "Apple Candy Green"

I painted the handles, knobs, and hinges with a textured charcoal metalic spray paint... LOVE it! One of our family friends made the top three doors which I painted and then GLAZED the whole thing to make all the details "pop" and tone down the green a bit. Note: I know it's an intense color but I wanted it to be able to go in a little girl or little boy room in the future! :)




Oh and one more little tidbit... I finally decided what to do with the jewelry box that Jeff made for me for Valentines day... I painted it Ivory and glazed it :) You like??



2 comments: